HGA is an award winning architectural, engineering and planning firm with a full-time opportunity in our Alexandria, VA office for an Administrative Assistant. This role supports Principals and project team members and requires a passion for providing exceptional service to internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will excel at time management, attention to detail, follow through, prioritizing, anticipating the needs of others, and maintaining a positive attitude.
1. Maintains daily communication with team leaders to determine assignments, priorities, and seeks clarification as necessary.
2. Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of a department, project teams, or group leaders:
3. Works closely with department leaders to stay informed of multiple deadlines where additional help may be needed. Understands the importance of team-playing and offers services to assist others when needed.
4. Assists new hires to the practice group/department so that they become familiar with administrative procedures, standards and guidelines. Willingly advises them of other resources within firm and may facilitate introductions when appropriate.
5. Maintains on-going communication with peers and works to maintain quality standards within departments through identification of problem processes, potential changes in work processes, participation in department meetings.
6. Recognizes the importance of confidentiality and conducts self in a professional manner.
7. Other responsibilities/special projects as required.