HGA is an award winning architectural, engineering and planning firm with a full-time opportunity in our Milwaukee office for a Structural Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1) Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for structural designs such as structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
2) Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates Structural engineering work.
3) Resolves a variety of complex problems, i.e., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult condition requirements.
4) Provides drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by technicians or other project resources.
5) Researches design options and document findings for Project Engineer.
6) Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with design standards.
7) Keeps Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project scope or services.
8) Provides Project Engineer with project management and administration assistance
HGA offers professional growth and the opportunity to work on great projects.