You would manage annual and long-range project management and operational activities, working closely with our West Coast offices. You’d be monitoring operational metrics and budgets and recommending actions to improve and enhance operational effectiveness. You’d also be a key resource in developing and implementing our project and resource management software systems. This is a full-time position based in any one of our four California offices – Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles or San Francisco, reporting to our Director of Operations. The successful candidate will be an architect, engineer or similar professional with strong project management skills, and an ambitious self-starter with a positive attitude and a team-oriented mentality.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations to establish success metrics for select offices, departments and staff. Facilitates staff sharing and right-sizing activities.
- Leads or actively participates in firm-wide roundtables or task forces focused on project management or that need project management or Operations representation.
- Partners with the Director of Operations in leading the Project Management training program.
- Provides localized training and support for project managers.
- Troubleshoots project performance issues and works with project manager to determine remedial actions.
- May actively manage unique or challenging projects.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of internal and external inquiries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop department-wide procedures and standards with an Operations emphasis
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet stringent deadlines in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully implement projects and programs.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment, both independently and as a part of a team.Knowledge of interconnectedness of all disciplines within the firm and the design profession.
- Knowledge of intermediate operational concepts, practices and procedures
- Proven ability to build consensus, even for difficult or unpopular courses of action necessitated by legal or regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience in identifying and analyzing complex business issues and providing appropriate advice regarding applicable legal and professional standards, often on a time-sensitive basis.
- Skill with excellent written and oral communications, with ability to explain complex issues in lay terms.
- Skill with tactical level analyses, presentations and managerial level communications
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and creative problem solving ability are required
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and negotiation skills required
- Strong leadership skills: ability to lead and manage cross functional teams is required
- Strong listening skills with the ability to manage and de-escalate conflict