HGA has a full-time opportunity in our Los Angeles office for an Architectural Sr. Project Coordinator. This position will be part of our Healthcare practice group. HGA offers challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of great projects. Under supervision, this position produces architectural documents (in the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project) for Project Managers that are responsive to the client’s needs and deadlines while keeping in mind HGA architectural procedures, standards and quality expectations.
1. Develops concepts according to parameters defined by Project Manager or Project Architect
2. Produces construction documents in Revit, including plans, sections and details
3. Assists with quality control for the design function and integrates and coordinates all disciplines into the building project
4. Maintains ongoing communications to understand any project changes, design issues or time/budget constraints that may impact initial assignment
5. Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with other team members
6. Utilizes past knowledge and experience to enhance the quality of product, recognizes problem misuses, communicates impact to team and seeks clarity when necessary
7. Assumes execution of an assists with quality control activities for architectural elements on a project
8. Reviews drawings, documents and submittals for document compliance and documenting code review and compliance
9. Keeps lead architect or designated team leader informed of progress; recognizes problem issues and communicates impact to team, and seeks clarity when necessary
10. Uses past experience and project knowledge to assist the Project Manager keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/ timelines, etc.
11. Meets project design schedule and design construction budgets
12. Assists with cost estimates and evaluation of bids with project manager
13. Assists with the preparation of analysis including alternatives or substitutions to reduct costs
Preferred candidates with have: