This newly created role of Environmental Simulation Specialist offers a unique opportunity to work across all of our offices, supporting project teams and addressing a range of sustainability design inquiries through all phases of design, but especially early conceptual design. You’ll execute a range of environmental simulation workflows, including climate analysis, occupant comfort, façade optimization and conceptual energy modeling. In addition, this position assists in the development of new workflows and in ongoing training of the environmental simulation workflows in each of our offices. Your work will differentiate and expand HGA’s commitment and capability for sustainable design.
The ideal candidate would have a dual background in both architectural design process and sustainability/building science. You’ll share your knowledge others in a fast-paced environment, and will be charged with developing compelling training materials. This is a Minneapolis-based position.
1. Consults with multiple internal design teams to:
2. Supports an internal program to advance our Environmental Simulation practice by:
3. Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with other team members
4. Shows flexibility and adaptability to change within a fast-paced, team environment, often against tight deadlines
5. Contributes to the success of the project by utilizing past knowledge and experience and teaching or sharing knowledge with intern staff architects who also may be assigned to same project
6. Manages documentation and information using strong organizational skills
7. Meets deadlines
8. Multi-tasks and manages multiple priorities within fast-paced work environment
9. Follows standardized and documented architectural and project management procedures